New to MATTA Fair? Here are some tips that I would like to share with you.
How to get there?
MATTA Fair in Kuala Lumpur is held at PWTC. You can get there by car, LRT Ampang Line or KTM Komuter. Parking is available at PWTC, Hentian Putra Bus Terminal or the newly refurbished Sunway Putra Mall. Parking is expensive and limited.
Many travel agent offices are open during the MATTA Fair weekend. They can offer you the same deals without going to the fair site. Give them a call to check.
What to prepare?
- Comfortable shoes – wear comfortable shoes as there is going to be lots of walking. The entire fair spans a couple of halls and there is very limited areas for sitting
- A babysitter or family member to look after your kids – you will need lots of time to browse and search for the best deals. The last thing you want to hear, is “Mummy, Daddy, I want to go home!”
- Pickpockets – As there are thousands of people at the fair, always be careful with your personal belongings. Ensure your bags are properly zipped.
What to bring?
- Pen & Paper – write down the details that you have discussed with the travel agent and get the name/contact of the person you spoke to.
- Passport Copy – bring a photocopy of your passport as your personal details will be required for bookings.
- Water! After all the talking, you need to hydrate yourself.
What to look our for?
- Check the travel period
- Check the penalties for changes & cancellation
- Keep a copy of your booking form and the offer flyer until you receive your final voucher/e-tickets and check that everything is in order and promised. Should there be any discrepancies, you have something in writing.
- Always buy travel insurance – ensure that the insurance has coverage for loss of deposit or cancellation.
What do these MATTA Fair Deals mean?
Ground only packages do not include flight tickets. You are free to buy your own air tickets and choose the fly the airline of your choice. Some of the packages may be free & easy, while others may include a tour. In most cases only breakfast is provided. Other meals will be on your own. Best to check the package inclusions.
These packages are usually much cheaper but departure dates are fixed and a minimum group size is required. Under normal circumstances, if there are not enough travellers to form the group, the trip may be cancelled.
Saw a really cheap and unbelievable air fare? Always check that airport taxes, fuel surcharges and any applicable service fees, credit card fees are already included.
The Cruise packages are not cheap. Always check that the port charges and gratuities are included. Also check on the cost of the excursion tours.
All Inclusive Holidays
All inclusive holidays might not include everything! This concept was pioneered by Club Med and these days, more and more resorts are offering all inclusive holidays. For Club Med; tour excursions, premium alcohols, spa treatments are at additional cost and not included in the all inclusive holidays price. It’s always good to find out what’s included and what’s not.
Happy Bargain Hunting!